SP5 Release Notes:
3PAR 3.3.1 Relase Notes:
Service Processor 5.0 is completely new and there is only one way to upgrade. Lets find out how.
At the moment here are the new versions of 3PAR 3.3.1 to download:
The versions of Service Processor 5.0 to download:
The Upgrade Process:
- Update SP 4.3/4.4 to SP 4.5 (I did from v4.4.0.GA-58 to 4.5.0.GA-55)
- NEW! If you update only to 4.5.0.GA-38 you need an intermediate Update to 4.5.0.GA-55. This Update called SP 4.5.0 MU1 is no longer available from HPE (don't know why). So if you need this one, send me a message.
- Update 3PAR to IOS 3.3.1 (I did from v18.104.22.1682 Patches: P51,P56,P59,P74 to 22.214.171.1249-MU1 + Patch 7). You can do within the SP GUI or SSH with Menu Options 4.7.2. After the upgrade do an admithw (for Cage and Disks firmware update)
- Update SP 4.5 to 5.0 (only within the console and version 4.5 includes 5.0)
- SPMaint console and use option =1.16.6 for upgrading to SP-5.0 version
- Now you can use the 3PAR InServ Management Console as you use to or you can use the brand new SSMC. The 3parcust user is now Admin
- Login: https://<IP>:8443
- Admin / 3parInServ
- Change the password in the console.
The new Web Console looks like this:
From the console I Updated 3PAR 3.3.1 MU1 to 126.96.36.1999-MU1 + Patch 7:
- Update from SP 4.5 to 5.0 removes practically all settings (new OS, new GUI, etc.);
- Local and remote notification settings are deleted;
- There is a Notice that VSP 5.0 is only supported on vSphere 5.5 or 6.0 (I've used version 5.1 with no problems so can ignore this warning);
- SP 5.0 is the only version supported by 3PAR IOS 3.3.1;
- SP 4.5 is the only version that supports Upgrade to SP 5.0;
- SP 5.0 only supports version 3PAR 3.3.1. Older versions are not supported;
- VSP must have at least 4GB Memory and 4 vCPU;
- SP Upgrade must be done after Upgrade to 3PAR 3.3.1;
- SP 5.0 has new security accounts;
- SP 5.0 replaces SmartStart;
- 3PAR Upgrade takes about 90 minutes (Online).
Here are the supported versions:
Default Version: The default designation indicates an active version that is the go-to upgrade target, and is usually the current version being shipped from the factory on new arrays of that type. This version has run for a statistically significant time in the field and achieved acceptable quality index. Runtime hours are collected from the controlled release and monitoring which is performed on all releases. If a release is required to support the hardware then the minimum version required to support the hardware is designated DEFAULT.
Monitored Release: This is the means by which new StoreServ OS is released. This is full production ready software and with approval from the associated Monitored Release Sharepoint, may be installed in the customer environments. Using Monitored Release, we can target the customer base which may have experienced an issue that is corrected in the release. Monitored Release is NOT a test version, it is fully qualified and supported as a mainstream release.
GA/MU: This is the generation of the release. The first generation of a release is referred to as GA and subsequent maintenance releases are referred to as MU. MU are incremented to show a progression where the later MU include all the fixes of the previous MU and patches made to the release prior. As an example, 3.2.2-MU1 includes all fixes released prior to 3.2.2-MU1 as patches to 3.2.2-GA in addition to fixes which were not patched for 3.2.2-GA.
EGA/EMU: This is a repackaged release of a generation. The Extended GA or Extended MU (EGA/EMU) is the same code base as it's non-E version, but it has a patch already applied in the installation. Fixes in EGA/EMU versions typically enhance the upgrade process to avoid issues during the upgrade. Most Exx versions are equivalent to the base release with a patch applied, however some Exx releases require full upgrades as the patch which enabled the Exx release cannot be applied as a patch. As an example, 3.2.2-EGA reports as 3.2.2-GA + P03, however P03 cannot be applied to 3.2.2-GA so this is a full upgrade.
Accounts that you can use in SP Upgrade (User is always spvar):
- VSP 4.1 - Pass: 3V@rpar or HP3parvar or 3V#rpar
- VSP 4.2 - Pass: dagR80ne
- VSP 4.3 - Pass: 6swooNr
- NEW! You can also use this one (only tested in this version): root / L0tt.42
- VSP 4.4 - Pass: Yawptr444
- NEW! VSP 4.5 - User spdood for this one with Pass: gs;Dubs15
- VSP 5.0 - There is a new user called hpepartner. Activate this user an set a password in the console.
Thats All! If you have some questions please ask me.